Social Media

Our trip to Chicago

|

From Google

C.H.I.C.A.G.O is a beautiful city. Almost as beautiful as me, Yuck! (joke only)

We had so much fun... I am so glad we went. (Thank you Philippine Passport for expiring!)

Ever had that feeling of anxiety?  A panic attack? I swear to the birds, I was sitting so pretty inside the van when I realized one thing. Frakity frak frak frak!!!! I left my make up bag!!!! *acting like it's the end of the world* Of all things... I left my magic treasure. I still can't believe it really happened. 

Oh well, we stopped at walgreens and picked up basic basic stuff i'll need.

THOUGHTS: I will definitely buy the Revlon Brow pencil and eyebrow mascara again. I tell you what? it's better than the Benefit eyebrow pencil I just bought recently, yaiks! 

Cover Girl Mascara is my favorite mascara. I use the waterproof in Black.

The rest I won't even talk about. Oh I also bought a new nail polish (ESSIE). I love the color. It's light brown, it looks very very nice. 

So anyways, back to our trip... It was soooooooooooo fun.... Here are some proofs.




Beach??? That's what I thought to myself the first time my husband said we're going to the beach. But yep, we went and splashed around in the water... Actually it's a very very very BIG lake. 
It's so big that it looks like the ocean. 


We also went to the Navy Pier and rode the Ferris Wheel...





From Google Images


I am scared of heights. Terrified actually. But I can't show it to my kids, because I don't want them to grow up like me. Plus, I want to toughen them up. SO... I pretended like I was having up there... Waaaah...




I am now as tan as can be. And I love it. It's so funny, because  if i'm in the Philippines right now? I will be conscious with my skin color being dark, just because what society says there that dark skinned women are not as pretty as the girls with pale skin. 

How Ironic right? People here in the US roast themselves up in a tanning bed or they'll be out in the sun all day or as long as they can, just to have a beautiful sun-kissed skin. 

And I feel blessed that I am born with it. 

SO now when I go back to my country. I will never again be concerned if my skin is darker and not as white as snow.

Thank you USA, I realized how much I adore my self. 




We also went to see CARS 2. Boy oh boy, My little Zyon was a very happy boy.

I am very pleased with the outcome of our trip. I am also glad that now I have most answers to all of my questions regarding, Passports, Visas, Naturalization Process, etc...

Will post a different post regarding Embassy topic.

Till next time,
LHEY




3 comments on "Our trip to Chicago"
  1. You have such a beautiful family! I love Chicago, it's such a great city, and I feel like you can't run out of things to do there.

    It's so refreshing to hear that you've grown comfortable in your own skin, tan or not. Sometimes we ladies forget that, but we are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys have such a great trip. Beautiful kids. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lhey, I love your tan! You look so beautiful! :) I'm jealous kasi hindi ako umiitim kahit ibabad mo ako sa ilalim ng araw! :) I did try sunbathing for 6 hours, but when I got home the next day, my skin started peeling and goodbye tan! :((

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for stopping by!

xo!
Lhey

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature